After learning to live more remotely in 2020 and 2021, it’s time to see 2022 as a fresh start.
To help you embrace a new balanced lifestyle, FrogTape Brand Painter’s Tape and celebrity interior designer, Taniya Nayak, share five interior design trends meant to inspire spaces that will welcome guests, by incorporating particular intimacies that may have been rediscovered from slowing down. Each trend can be used for a complete home makeover or incorporated into small touches to refresh a space.
1. Kiss. Embrace all that is good in your life and create a sense of comfort, warmth and security. Nayak recommends cozy textures and a palette of soft coral, subtle orange, soft green, and creamy shades of white and brown to achieve this look in spaces like bedrooms or family rooms. A simple and stylish way to incorporate this into a room is to add a coat of paint to a textured basket for a pop of color. Then fill it with lots of plush blankets to complete the cozy look and feel.
2. Climb. Bring a new perspective to your existing space with the ‘Rise’ trend. Inspired by the morning light streaming through blinds, incorporating this trend into your bedroom or bathroom is sure to invigorate and motivate you. For example, add a coat of green paint to your closet door for a nice pop of color in an area where you start your day.
No matter where you’re looking to add fresh color, you’ll want to achieve crisp, clean paint lines. One of Nayak’s go-to tools is premium painter’s tape that produces professional-looking results, like FrogTape’s brand painter’s tape, which is treated with patented PaintBlock technology, to deliver the sharpest lines. possible.
3. Get together. Gatherings with friends and family are long overdue, so set the mood and ambiance as you imagined. Inspired by the depth of conversations with loved ones, the “Gather” trend embraces rich, dark tones like navy blue, teal or forest green. Incorporate this trend by painting the focal point of a room, such as the kitchen cabinets or the living room fireplace. Or add bold, dark details with furniture and artwork. You can keep it subtle by creating custom centerpieces dipped in paint and wrapped in twine.
4. Relive. Revive your home with soothing, vibrant shades of pink, orange and blue to balance motivation and satisfaction. Consider adding a vibrant paint color to old, worn details like a front door, bedside table, or kitchen table. It may seem out of context or out of place, but give it a try.
“This trend can be described as carefree, festive and fun,” Nayak said. “Whatever makes you happy… go for it!
5. Shine. The “Shine” trend is all about letting your true self shine. Implement this trend in any room of your home by embracing all the colors of the rainbow and visually displaying what’s important to you. Using FrogTape, stick on a custom design that’s unique to you and paint it any color you like.